Instructors: Holly Getty and Raphael Adamek
Connection to our definition of effective technology integration:
3. engages students in educational activities in school and allows students to remain engaged outside of school.
6. uses appropriate technologies to achieve pedagogical goals (e.g, different teaching approaches, methods of assessment, different learning theories) allowing teachers to act as facilitators in the classroom.
- In person meeting (11/1/17: 3:30 - 4:30 pm)
- 5 projects conducted online (November through March)
- In person meeting (4/10/18: 3:30 - 5:00 pm)
Number of PD hours: 15
DreamBox is an online math program for students in grades K -8 that adapts to students’ actions to meet them at the right level–with personalized instruction that promotes student decision making and strategy development. Through the use of various games and models DreamBox engages students and promotes student growth and deeper conceptual understanding by encouraging different pathways to solving problems. DreamBox is standards aligned and provides teachers with a wealth of information about student progress.
In this workgroup you will:
Learn how to setup and implement DreamBox so that it can be used effectively in your classroom.
Learn how to use the embedded PD and other tools within DreamBox to understand the models that are being presented to students.
Identify the big ideas within the learning progressions so that students can receive the appropriate supports to take the next step in their learning.
Practice using data from DreamBox to inform your classroom instruction.