Instructors: Katie Jacobsen
Connection to our definition of effective technology integration:
2. fosters higher order thinking where students are applying, analyzing, evaluating, or creating content using technology.
5. allows students to extend learning beyond the classroom to connect and collaborate with community members and experts from around the world.
- In person meeting (11/6/17: 3:30 - 4:30 pm)
- 5 projects conducted online (November through March)
- In person meeting (4/12/18: 3:30 - 5:00 pm)
Number of PD hours: 15
Seesaw is an online digital portfolio that empowers students to independently document their learning. Seesaw can help improve communication between teachers and families by giving parents immediate, personalized access to their child’s school day. Through the use of tools that help students capture their thinking, Seesaw can also be used to promote higher order thinking skills.
In this workgroup you will:
Learn how to set up your Seesaw class.
Learn how to invite parents to view their child’s work within Seesaw.
Practice using various tools within Seesaw for documenting student work.
Create a variety of assignments through Seesaw that promote higher order thinking.