“Every Child Needs a School Nurse”  
School Nursing Services


Who We Are

Katie Burke, BSN, RN   Woodstock Union High School/Middle School
Kaija Percy, RN      Woodstock Union Middle and High School
Susan Clark, BSN, RN     Killington Elementary
Rachel Eggum, RN     Barnard Academy and The Prosper Valley School
Susan Clark, BSN, RN Reading Elementary School

Jamie Sudol, M.ED, RN, and Licensed Health Educator     Woodstock Elementary School


Health Insurance

Many children in Vermont qualify for free or reduced health insurance coverage. Please visit Vermont Health Connect or call 855-899-9600 for more information.


School Health Policies and Practices


Annual Medical Update Plans – Allergy, Asthma, Diabetic and Seizure Action Plans are required to be updated every school year by your  child's physician. Please contact them for updated forms .

Position Statements

  • When to keep your Child at Home: If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher they should stay home until fever free (unmedicated) for 24 hours. Also, if they have vomited or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours they should remain at home.

  • Medical and Dental Homes: The Vermont Department of Health strongly supports all children having medical and dental homes. If you need help finding a doctor or dentist that accepts your health insurance (including Dr. Dynassaur), please contact your school nurse.

  • We support the recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics for an annual physical exam and at least an annual dental exam.

  • We support the Vermont School Entry Immunization requirements. As of July 2016, the Vermont Legislature did away with the philosophic exemption. Please discuss your plans with your pediatrician if you have been utilizing this exemption.


Links to resources:

Vermont Department of Health
Parent Up for Vermont: A website to help parents talk to their kids about risky behaviors
The Vermont Department of Health Immunization rates
“It’s OK to Ask”:  A Vermont Department of Health website for parents re: the safety and efficacy of immunizations. 
Community Resources including emergency food and shelter, disability services, counseling, child behavior and development (“Help me Grow”),  health care, child care, drug and alcohol programs, legal assistance, transportation needs, etc: 
Poison Helpline:    800-222-1222
Suicide Prevention Lifeline:   800-273-TALK (8255) 
Outright Vermont:   802 865-9677  
Text a Tip (to report an underage drinking party): 802-296-1746